final images
Artist Statement
My concept was about how people will hide themselves through a "mask" to better thier acceptance in society. My concept idea was inspired by the poem " We Wear the Mask" by Paul Lawrence Dunbar. I chose to put masks on my models and have them pose either with the mask on or going to put the mask on. I played around with the way the mask framed the model's eyes. I even had the mask placed in a way that was to only show part of the person at an angle that most don't look at. For my final diptych, I had the way a mask usually hides a person, but then how a person can hide behind one in a way you don't think. The second part of the diptych is the model holding the mask diagonally across the face. This is an odd way to place a mask across a face, but it hides them just the same. It also framed one eye and hid the other showing the way that some only see through the mask at times, or how a viewer might only see a person half way. The eyes are the mirrors to a person's soul but when someone wears a mask they can be hiding the pathway to seeing this soul.
No comments:
Post a Comment